Every business & entrepreneur in the world wants to be profitable. The more profits you make, the more you can expand business and service more customers. However, can you be profitable in the the affiliate marketing industry? Is affiliate marketing profitable?
The simple answer is, yes affiliate marketing can be very profitable!
The industry is growing exponentially every year, because more and more companies are realizing how cost effective affiliate marketing is for selling their products and services.
According to Influencer Marketing Hub Global Affiliate Marketing Spending Expected to Reach $13B in 2022
My father and I have been in the affiliate marketing industry for a combined 29+ years, and we have proven that affiliate marketing is a profitable business practice, after generating an 8.4X profit with just being affiliate marketers alone.
We do sell some of our own products and services, but affiliate marketing has been our main stay, as we have built several 6 figure incomes through affiliate programs.
Now, I am sure the real question for you is, can you make affiliate marketing be profitable for you? And how profitable can affiliate marketing become?
So let’s go through the profits of the affiliate world and how you can possibly earn from them.
Why Affiliate Marketing Is More Profitable Than Other Businesses
When compared to other business models, affiliate marketing can potentially be much more profitable. Why does this tend to be the case? Because in affiliate marketing you don’t have the same expenses and resources you need to manage, as you do with other business models of any kind.
Here’s what you NO longer have to expense for in affiliate marketing…
- Customer management
- Customer support
- Product development & Fulfillment
- Employee taxes
- Product Delivery
By being an affiliate you can eliminate these costs and take them as profit. Yes, you do earn less per sale as an affiliate, since you only receive a commission percentage per customer you refer. But these cut costs, can often out weigh the full earnings of a regular business.
Basically your job as an affiliate marketer is to just promote and sell, and you get paid a commission every time you refer someone that buys something.
You can do affiliate marketing from anywhere in the world, all you need is an internet connection and a laptop or other digital device.
How Profitable Can Affiliate Marketing Be?
Depending on your level of skill, the percentage of commission you’re earning per customer you refer, and how optimized your system is for bringing in customers – affiliate marketing can be wildly profitable. However, if you don’t treat an affiliate business like you would another business, then you may not see profits or any success.
The biggest problem most affiliate marketers have with growing their businesses, is actively not treating it like it’s a real business. People often view affiliate marketing as more of a side hustle, so then they take less action and invest less resources then they would if they owned a regular business.
This is why anyone that gets involved in affiliate marketing, needs to take it seriously if they want to be able to generate a reliable income stream.
There are even some affiliate marketers who make millions of dollars a year. There is no limits to what can be earned, you just need to be serious and do the work!
Pros And Cons That Can Affect Your Profitability In Affiliate Marketing
If you want to become a profitable affiliate marketer, you need to know the pros and cons, as they are basically the same and can be both a plus and a minus, depending how you look at it.
- Flexible – You can do it from anywhere you have an internet connection and digital device.
- It’s simple to get started – almost every company or business online has an affiliate program you can join.
- Startup Cost – very minimal.
- No commute – you can do it in your PJ’s.
- Earning potential – No limits.
- Part Time – You decide your hours.
- Your the boss.
- Yes you can do this type of business from pretty much anywhere, but the problem is, will you? Self motivated people excel at affiliate marketing.
- Yes, it is easy to join an affiliate program, but once you join, will you take the time to learn? Because if you do not, your not going to make any money.
- Because the start up cost are so very minimal, most people never treat it like a real business, and do not end up making much money.
- Yes, you can do affiliate marketing from the comfort of your home, even in your PJ’s. But the question is again, will you?
- Even though your earning potential has No limits. You are only paid commissions when you refer sales to a business, your not paid hourly. Many people can not handle this, so they lack motivation to get any real results. They do not understand delayed gratification.
- Your the boss – Yep, this is a big one, because you have no boss, no one to tell you what to do, and when to do it. So do you work well on your own without being told you have to do something?
These pros and cons, you really need to understand, as they can either be your blessing or your downfall.
What Should You Do With Your Profits As An Affiliate?
Making money and profits as an affiliate is great, but what should you do with these profits?
Here’s some options you have as you start earning those profits:
- Invest it back into your business
- Invest it into traffic
- Invest it into better affiliate tools
- Invest it into better resources
- Invest it into a stock, crypto, or other investments that will make you even more money
- Put it in the bank and build a nest egg
- Grow it to the point, where you can fire your boss, and become a digital nomad 🙂
Whatever you want you to do with your money, it’s up to you!
We make our living as affiliate marketers and absolutely love it!
How Do Affiliate Marketers Make Money Online Fast?
In the industry it’s not uncommon for some affiliate marketers to see profits quickly. So, how does someone become an affiliate and make good money from any affiliate marketing program?
- Choose high ticket affiliate programs & offers. These are the most most profitable
- Reinvest the initial money affiliate marketing brings you. To many people pull out there profits and don’t reinvest them back in.
We hope you enjoyed this article, you’re appreciated very much. Please leave us your comments below, or if you have any questions – ask away..
Or Read Also our complete Affiliate Marketing Guide to learn more.
With our kindest regards,