As an email marketer it is your job to understand important statistics on email marketing. Knowing that stats and facts of the industry allows you to create more effective email marketing campaigns that generate better results over all.
This article will review the most important email marketing statistics that you need to know today. These stats we’ve researched to be accurate and helpful to improve your email strategy.
Our own dedicated research and strategy has also been used to discover these metrics you should be aware of. Checkout these 22 statistics now and use them to improve your email follow up!
Email Marketing Statistics That Matter Most
- Email marketing is the highest converting form of marketing to date. (Around $36 per $1 spent on advertising)
- Over 40% of companies are increasing how much they spend on email marketing.
- The majority of email marketers report positive ROI from all email marketing efforts.
- Storytelling used in email follow up has proven to increase overall conversions from leads to buying customers.
- Email segmentation based on subscriber behavior is the most effective email marketing strategy for increasing open rates, click through rates, and profitability.
- There are around 4 billion daily email users, and 319.6 billion emails sent per day. (Oberlo, 2022)
General Email Marketing Stats For Every Industry
- Practicing email marketing has been shown to increase overall revenue.
- Split testing emails & automations is a growing email trend.
- All mainstream autoresponders, ESP’s, and CRM’s have approximately the same inbox deliverability. Within 10% margin, you’ll see that email deliverability is generally the same no matter the email marketing tool you are using. (EmailToolTester, 2022)
- Email marketing raises brand awareness while also increasing customer acquisition.
B2C Email Marketing Statistics
- Most subscribers wouldn’t mind getting more emails, as long as they are relevant to the messaging they desire.
- The majority of those opening emails have said that getting the email influenced their purchase decisions.
- Around 50% of people buy from marketing emails at least 1 time per month. (Salescycle, 2023)
- Approximately 8 out of 10 people will open welcome emails (GetResponse, 2023)
B2B Email Marketing Statistics
- Outbound B2B email marketing is less effective then inbound email marketing.
- Inbound B2B email marketing gets higher engagement & conversions.
- 93% of B2B marketers use email as one of their content distribution routes. (Best Writing, 2023)
Email Marketing Conversion Metrics
- The average conversion rate for turning leads into customers is between 1-3% for email marketing.
- Email automations and follow up with list segmentation converts at a higher rate.
- The average email open rate cross industry is around 20%.
- The average click through rate in every industry is around 1-5% (Finances Online, 2023)
- Most customers take a minimum of 7 follow ups in order to convert
Accurate Demographics For Email Marketing
Their are some important demographics concerning email marketing that you should be aware of. Use these data points to personalize or customer your email strategy.
- There will be 4.6 billion email users by 2025.
- Most email users open or check their emails at least once per day.
- Females open and reply to emails more often then males do. (SalesLoft, 2023)
That stats and facts we’ve shared above should give you a clear idea on how to improve your email marketing best practices. Each stat shows a clear data point that allows you to understand more about how email marketing works and how you can improve it.
Thank you so much for reading through this short article, we appreciate you so much.
With our kindest regards,